The 21st century gave man a large number of inventions and possibilities, gadgets and novel devices that work mainly from the electrical network. The home of any inhabitant of planet Earth today is literally filled with a wide variety of devices that provide light and heat, help cook, wash clothes, preserve perishable food longer, and even learn something new and have fun. However, many have already realized that paying for electricity can put a big "hole" in the family budget. It makes sense to find out how to save electricity in an apartment or private house to significantly reduce your monthly expenses, freeing up funds that can be spent for other purposes.
The main ways to save energy
The question of how to save electricity, especially in houses where electric stoves and electric water heaters are installed, constantly arises before consumers, especially in the current crisis situation of the economies of the country and the world. Payment for the energy supply of a private house or even an ordinary average apartment occupies one of the main places in the expenses of the family budget for utility bills. Regardless of the stability or the actual financial situation, savings are always relevant, as no one wants to throw money down the drain and this is an absolutely correct decision. Let's see how experts and experts in their field offer themselves to save energy.
The correct saving of electricity at home will significantly reduce the cost of paying for utilities, almost three times, so it is worth taking this problem seriously. If it seems to you that turning off the lights in the room on time does not greatly affect the overall score, it makes sense to simply run an experiment and find out how much money you lost monthly, before you start paying attention to it.
There are three main methods of saving electricity, around which all the others revolve, which are their derivatives.
- The use of new technologies (purchase of household appliances, gadgets and other household appliances with a higher level of economy), which may require significant financial investments.
- Competent use of mains powered equipment.
- Theft of electricity from the state.
We will discuss the first two ways to save in our article in more detail, but it is recommended to immediately abandon the third, as jokes with the state can end badly, and instead of saving, you will receive additional costs for fines and sometimes litigation. .
Simple ways to save energy at home
Most people do not even imagine how much electricity this or that device, which is used regularly, consumes in a month, hence the lack of understanding of how you can save. First of all, when purchasing new devices and equipment, you should always find out what electrical consumption it has, it is this indicator that will tell you what type of electrical consumption it assumes.
Approximate data for comparison
According to statistics, the main items of expenditure are formed through the use of some basic household appliances, which are available in almost every household.
- Electric stoves can absorb 20% to 30% of monthly consumption.
- The refrigerator is considered the most serious appliance, as it never turns off, thus consuming around 30% of the electricity.
- Light bulbs and other light fixtures "shake" about 16-19% of the total.
- A modern washing machine finishes about 15%.
- All other home appliances and office equipment, such as vacuum cleaners, dishwashers, computers, chargers, etc. , they absorb around 20% of the total electricity bill.
Therefore, it is due to the competent and deliberate use of these devices that you can significantly reduce the expenses of your family budget for this item. Let's take a closer look at how you can honestly and legally save electricity and save your hard-earned money.
Let there be light!
It is interesting that many consumers do not think at all that a colossal amount of budgetary funds can be spent on lighting an apartment. It is optimal to buy cleaning bulbs, which only lazy people have not heard of today. The government even banned the production of conventional incandescent lamps for sale to ordinary citizens, with a capacity of 100 watts or more. There is talk of the fact that fifty-watt lamps will also soon be banned, giving way to "housewives. "But it's not just LED and energy-saving bulbs that will help save electricity. There are some tips that you should always follow.
- Turn off lights when moving from room to room. If this is difficult for you or if there are many small children in the house who have difficulty explaining the essence, you can install special heat sensors. They won't cost a lot, but they will turn off the lights themselves as soon as the person leaves the room.
- Take care to have multiple light sources in the room, as needed, so that you don't constantly turn on the most consuming ceiling light.
- Hear in your nose that cleaning is a guarantee not only of health, but also of energy savings. Wash windows and chandelier curtains more often so light can enter your apartment freely and unobstructed. According to the research of scientists, the lighting level with dirty windows is reduced to 28-36%, which is a lot.
- When planning repairs, make sure furniture and walls reflect more light flow. Light shades will help reflect up to 85% and dark shades only 10-13%.
People who have already taken advantage of just these tips say that this way you can save at least 10-15% of the bill without trying, and this is already a pretty serious achievement.
Energy saving technology and its correct application
Another very effective method of saving electricity in a private house or apartment is to buy a new one, equipped with energy saving systems, household appliances and other household appliances that are commonly used. Modern energy-saving equipment is even labeled in a special way, with letters from G to A +++. The former will consume a lot of energy, but in the case of the latter, the savings will be the most significant.
It is worth choosing for yourself the cheapest devices that will save you money. Plus, don't be afraid to pick up the latest in science and technology like induction hobs, super cheap washers, or microthermal heaters. But this is not all, as all these devices still need to be used correctly to minimize costs.
- Always unplug all electrical appliances when you don't need them. They don't seem to work, but the little panel light is still on, which means the kilowatts are spinning slowly. If in a month such waste is insignificant, then in a year it will already be more impressive, and when it is calculated in ten years, you will want to grab your head.
- If you bought a refrigerator that does not have a No Frost system, you will need to defrost it regularly. A good housewife knows that the more ice in the freezer, the more she "throws" the device.
- Buy special cookware for electric stoves and also select them so that the size of the base matches the burner as closely as possible. When cooking, always cover the pans with a lid and use low to medium heat. This prevents heat loss and saves more than 10%.
- Do not overload the washing machine with an excessive amount of things, it is better to divide the washing in half, this will be cheaper and the appliance will be in better condition.
- Do not install the refrigerator next to a stove or heating devices, otherwise its energy consumption will increase significantly.
- Do not forget to regularly remove the encrustations that have formed on the walls of the kettle, as it will significantly lengthen the time of heating the water, increasing consumption and increasing the cost of electricity.
The most advanced users install in their houses or apartments not only infrared sensors, solar panels for heating, but even electrical sockets with a timer, where you can "stick" a television or a computer. Even if you fall asleep, such a "smart" plug will simply turn off the device and you will have to pay less for light.
Two tariff meter and street heating.
Experts recommend that those who can use energy-consuming appliances install dual-rate electricity meters in their homes. They allow you to pay at the same rate during the day, and from 23: 00 to 7: 00 at a completely different rate, significantly reduced. It won't be difficult to wash or run the heater and dishwasher overnight, and the savings will be remarkable. The cost of such a device is considerable and you will have to fork out for it yourself by making an application to the department of the electrical network, but in just one year it will be worth it and save you money.
- You cannot "heat the street", that is, take care of the adequate thermal insulation of a private house or apartment, change windows, insulate the walls, all this will pay off and you will have to spend less money on heating.
- Infrared heaters that heat only the part of the living space where there is a living thing are excellently displayed.
- The boiler does not always have to be kept on, although it all depends on the water consumption per day, that is, in fact, the number of people living in the house. Going out or going out for a long time, as well as at night, you can turn it off and on again in the morning.
- Set the optimum water temperature in the heater, do not keep it to the maximum. Three or four times a year, the boiler must be cleaned of the scale accumulated there, which also significantly increases the consumption of electricity.
- Wash batteries and other heating devices regularly if they are powered by the mains, as dirt, dust and debris will significantly increase consumption and reduce efficiency.
Smart home system
The West has long been promoting a groundbreaking invention - the "Smart House" system, which moves humanity significantly into the future. An amazing system will help you easily save electricity in a private house, as well as in an apartment, since you can install it anywhere and at any time. This invention involves the installation of a variety of modern remote sensors and systems that by themselves will regulate the level of lighting or heating, the temperature of the water supply, turning the stove, computer, TV, dishwasher, or air conditioning on and off.
It is true that you will have to fork out the money, but it is definitely worth it. Already a year later, you will fully recoup your spent funds and begin to notice how significant confidence in the benefits of using new technologies and scientific advances can become in everyday life.