The powerful energy complexes are used to service industrial, agricultural and construction companies. Almost 80% of all the energy produced in the country is consumed by companies. It is the costs of heating and electricity that are becoming one of the main expenses.
They can be reduced by introducing energy saving technologies in the company. They involve the improvement of equipment, as well as the use of high precision instrumentation. The instrumentation is always selected taking into account the specific characteristics of the industrial installation. Therefore, for companies in the heat and power and oil industries, devices with a higher degree of protection against external influences are used.
Popular Ways to Save Money: Top Directions
The main technology activities include:
- Substitution of equipment for other energy saving ones, from lamps to heat exchangers and variable frequency motors.
- Increased productivity in the power generation process: for example, installation of condensing equipment.
- Launch of projects on "ecological" alternative energies (sun, water, wind).
- Monitoring of resources consumed and start-up of control systems.
The research carried out and the statistical data collected affirm that 90% of energy losses are precisely associated with irrational consumption, but only up to 10% is lost in the transport and transmission process. Therefore, the main directions in energy saving technologies are precisely associated with optimizing the use of heat and electricity. All these activities have their own payback period: specialists can easily calculate the economic feasibility of implementing certain processes or purchasing new equipment.
It is the technical measures implemented that effectively reduce the amount of energy consumed, both hot and electric. They are expensive and time-consuming, may require a significant investment in the initial stage, but provide good results (and tangible monetary savings). Such events include:
- installation of metering units, flow meters - allows you to identify implicit losses and reduce costs by 20-30%;
- installation of small boiler rooms for necessities, away from the central highway, areas - helps to eliminate heat loss during transportation;
- introduction of a frequency control system for electric motors in ventilation, pumping systems, for other objects that operate without constant load;
- installation of starter relays for lamps and replacement of obsolete lamps with energy-saving ones;
- obtain energy by processing secondary raw materials directly in production (thus reducing its cost by almost 4 times);
- thermal insulation of the room;
- installation and launch of solar panels;
- use of organic fuel in boiler rooms.
Also, do not forget about the scheduled inspection and repair of all pipes, cable networks and other elements of engineering systems, reducing losses. In addition, gas, water and power supply systems must be equipped with modern and highly sensitive metering devices and regulators. These are the activities that are being actively implemented in modern companies.
If we talk about the latest energy saving developments, these include vortex type thermogenerators, heat exchangers in ventilation systems (with an additional refrigerant or radiator type), solar panels and solar collectors. Most advanced technologies are too expensive for mass use. The only exceptions are LED lighting and the launch of rotating wind turbines.