Tired of paying a lot of money for electricity? Unfortunately, without this element of expense it is impossible to imagine the modern world, but each of us can easily reduce it. In this article, we will learn how to save energy at home, without the use of technically complex devices and prohibited methods. Let us begin!
The appliances that consume the most energy
First, let's determine where exactly the kilowatts of our energy go.
The most "voracious" appliances:
- Refrigerator - 30 kW;
- Electric heater - 60 kW;
- Boiler - 180 kW;
- Computer - 45 kW;
- TV - 20 kW.
It's easy to guess that we will restrict the operation of these devices, but how can we do this without major damage, because without them it is difficult to imagine everyday life? Let's find out now.
How to start saving kilowatts of electricity
- Defrost the refrigerator more often. Ice on the freezer walls significantly increases energy consumption, and no electricity is consumed during defrosting.
- Forget the habit of opening the door of the inactive refrigerator. Chambers absorb heat and consumption increases.
- Remember to turn off your laptop and computer. Even in sleep mode, they consume electricity.
- Don't get carried away by heaters. Try to make the most of all the ways you can insulate your apartment. There are many options, the main thing is to remove drafts on the windows.
- Remember! Any electrical appliance consumes little power even when turned off, so unplug it.
- A very common, but important tip: when leaving the room, turn off the light, as well as the TV, which always plays somewhere in the background.
- Try to control the quality of electrical appliances and their service life. Saving is a trend in the production of any equipment today. Also check the condition of the wiring.
We did almost everything possible, it only remains to introduce these rules into a habit.
Electricity saving devices
We are talking about technological innovations that reduce energy consumption.
In laboratory conditions, a high-quality LED lamp can be 9 times cheaper than an incandescent lamp and last between 30 and 50 thousand hours. Although our daily life is not comparable to the conditions of a laboratory, these lamps have another important advantage: the possibility of repair in case of failure. Although these lamps are more expensive than conventional ones, your purchase will definitely pay off.
The operating principle of these devices is based on reducing voltage drops in the network and ensuring stability in the operation of electrical appliances. Please read the instructions carefully if you decide to use them!
Mostly suitable only for private houses, they are energy efficient and expensive. However, there are devices on the market with integrated solar panels, such as lamps. Put them on the site and they will be charged with sunlight until evening, and they will use up the accumulated electricity at night.
Suitable for those who use boilers and boilers to heat water, the thermostat will allow them to turn off when heated to a certain temperature.
The above methods and devices can help you reduce your power consumption and save you a lot of money.
I would also like to say that saving electricity is not only a benefit for the budget, but also a great benefit for humanity. So let's take care of the ecology of our planet together with a nice benefit to ourselves!